Funen Art Academy is looking for a professor
Funen Art Academy is looking for a new professor
Funen Art Academy is looking for a visual artist to fill a professorial position in contemporary visual arts. The applicant can work in any type of media, but needs the ability to relate to and be interested in a variety of contemporary visual artistic positions.
Funen Art Academy is an independent and internationally recognized art school offering a 5 year-education in contemporary artistic practices at a highly specialized level. Students are entitled to receive SU (a study grant from the Danish State Education Grant and Loan Scheme).
We put great emphasis on an experimental approach to arts teaching and on maintaining a close-knit and non-hierarchical community of students and teachers, and strive to provide students with the best foundation possible for the development of a professional and critical artistic practice in a globalised world.
Funen Art Academy does not have departments, and encourages collaboration crossing media boundaries and study years. Teaching is primarily carried out in English, thus knowledge of Danish is not necessary.
The position is available for a six-year period from September 15, 2012 until June 1, 2018, and is awarded with 235.000 DKK annually. (Salary regulated on an annual basis.) This equals around 15 hours of teaching, guidance, and preparation on a weekly basis throughout the study year, which goes from October 1st until June 15 – we offer great flexibility as to how and when teaching can be planned during the study year.
– An active visual artist with solid international experience and a widespread international artistic network
– Teaching experience and an ambitious and visionary approach to arts education
– The interest in and willingness to contribute to the continued development of the artistic and educational profile of The Funen Art Academy in close cooperation with students, rector, and other professors
– The ability to teach in English
– Flexibility, a collaborative spirit, and a sense of humor
– Planning and carrying out teaching in the form of workshops and studio visits
– Guidance and tutorial of a wide spectrum of students
– Participation in monthly staff and planning meetings
– Participation in study trips (1-2 per year)
– Participation in school admission
– Participation in the evaluation of school shows
We suggest that all applicants read our Study Plan, which is available for download here: http://funenartacademy.com/
The application should contain:
– Motivation including examples of proposed workshops, courses, etc.
– Portfolio of works (images, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
Please note that all applications are to be written in English.
For questions relating to the position, contact rector Merete Jankowski on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +4560923681.
For more info about Funen Art Academy, see http://www.funenartacademy.com
Applications are to be sent to:
Funen Art Academy
Brandts Torv 1, 4.
5000 Odense C
or emailed to email@example.com – subject: “Professor”
The application must be received by Funen Art Academy no later than February 24, 2012.
Job interviews will be held at Funen Art Academy on March 29, 2012.